WATERTOWN, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–epocrates, the No. 1 medical reference app that enables more than one million prescribers to make confident point-of-care decisions, today announced that it has been named a finalist in the 2021 Medical Marketing and Media (MM+M) Awards for the “Healthcare Professional Media Brand” category. This comes as a result of updates and improvements to the epocrates® app over the past year tailored to help healthcare professionals deliver the best care. The submission was selected from a record-breaking number of entries, following a rigorous and comprehensive review process by an 80-member jury. This is the third year in a row that MM+M has recognized epocrates in this category.
“It’s an exciting time at epocrates, and we are thrilled that our work is being recognized by such an esteemed organization like MM+M,” said Diane Bartoli, vice president and general manager, epocrates. “In addition to unveiling new offerings such as our re-entry into the continuing medical education space, we’ve also worked hard to provide new and existing commercial customers with insights and analysis to help them understand the unique value epocrates can bring to their own media plans. We have also evolved our client services model to facilitate closer partnership and collaboration with our commercial clients, including sharing the work we’re doing to better meet the needs of both healthcare professionals and our commercial partners.”
In the past year, epocrates has unveiled several new features and capabilities, including:
- Remote learning: Continuing medical education (CME) resources ranging from snackable 15-minute activities to in-depth longer form options.
- Interactive COVID-19 guidance tool: Summarizing the latest CDC guidelines in an easy-to-use format.
- COVID-19 drug therapy trial updates: A one-stop-shop to learn exactly which drugs are being considered for treatment.
- Targeted outreach at the point of care: Messaging is available at the time of search when healthcare professionals are considering treatment options.
- Deeper analytic modeling: Further tailoring campaign journeys to unique specialty and occupation interests.
- Patient adherence facilitation: In collaboration with ConnectiveRX, prescribers will have tools to ensure patients are successful starting and staying on therapy.
For more than 20 years, epocrates has honed its content to answer questions that arise in the moments of care: drug dosing and safety details, drug interactions, affordability data, evidence-based disease guidance, calculators, and medical news. Serving as the healthcare professional’s peripheral brain and allowing them to remain focused on the patient has always been a guiding principle. Robust analytics offer commercial clients a glimpse into their audience’s minds and allows for a more informed approach to increasing engagement through digital advertising.
Gold and Silver winners will be announced at the MM+M annual awards ceremony on October 7, 2021.
To learn more about epocrates’ latest features and how the company is helping healthcare professionals deliver optimal care, please visit: https://www.epocrates.com/features.
Since 1998, epocrates, an athenahealth company, has served essential, clinical content to more than one million physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals. Centered around unparalleled drug prescribing and safety information, the app provides fast answers and trusted decision support in seconds at the point of care, enabling clinicians to focus on delivering the most effective and personalized patient care. Our Medical Information team is committed to providing accurate, current, unbiased and clinically relevant information, which is why epocrates has been rated as the #1 medical reference app for over a decade. For more information, please visit: www.epocrates.com.