DUBLIN, July 29, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The “miRNA Sequencing And Assay Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Product & Service, by Technology, by Workflow, by Application (Cancer, Autoimmune Disease, Schizophrenia), by End-use, by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global miRNA sequencing and assay market size is expected to reach USD 597.8 million by 2028.
The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 13.0% from 2021 to 2028. Prominent players, such as Illumina, PerkinElmer, Qiagen, and others offer advanced miRNA sequencing products for multiple clinical applications. Moreover, these companies have collaborated with research institutes to expand the application of miRNA sequencing and assay in research studies.
The market holds a significant growth potential owing to the increasing application of miRNA sequencing and assay in the healthcare industry. For instance, several research studies demonstrate that miRNAs can be used as efficient biomarkers in the diagnosis and prognosis of cancer (breast, ovarian, cervical, and others), cardiovascular diseases, sepsis, and nervous system disorders. Therefore, miRNA sequence analysis is increasingly employed to analyze gene regulation in clinical disorders.
As plasma from COVID-19 recovered patients is rich in antiviral miRNAs and antibodies, it has been employed to treat SARS-CoV-2 infected patients. This has led to an increase in research studies that focus on the sequence analysis of miRNAs (microRNA) from the patient as well as the virus.
miRNA Sequencing And Assay Market Report Highlights
- The product segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020. The commercial presence of multiple players that offer extensive kits, consumables, and instruments for specialized applications contribute to segment growth
- Small and mid-sized research entities face financial limitations to install sequencing equipment owing to their high cost. Therefore, these organizations approach service providers. This is expected to drive the services segment with the fastest CAGR over the forecast period
- Sequencing by synthesis holds a major share of the technology segment owing to its high sensitivity, fast turnaround time, and high throughput
- Additionally, this technology is playing important role in the detection of mutations in tumor tissue which helps to develop targeted and personalized therapies
- The sequencing workflow segment held the largest revenue share in 2020 and is expected to witness the fastest CAGR during the forecast period as it is the most important and crucial step of the workflow
- The cancer application segment generated the largest revenue share in 2020 owing to ongoing extensive research in cancer using miRNA as a biomarker to study diagnosis and prognosis of cancer and to develop novel therapies
- Furthermore, an increase in the number of cancer patients globally drives segment growth
- Research and academic institutions are one of the major revenue generators of the market as miRNA sequencing and assay techniques and associated products are being widely used in various research studies conducted by research and academic institutes
- In Asia Pacific, the market is anticipated to register a lucrative growth rate throughout the forecast owing to the presence of a huge target population, growing establishment of healthcare, and high unmet clinical needs
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Industry Pyramid Analysis
3.1.1 Parent & ANCILLARY Market Analysis
3.2 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.3 Market Dynamics
3.3.1 Market driver analysis
220.127.116.11 Advantages of miRNA Sequencing
18.104.22.168 MiRNAs as critical regulators of health and disease
22.214.171.124 Rise in prevalence of cancer and autoimmune disorders
126.96.36.199 Rise in adoption of RNA sequencing protocols in biotechnology research
3.3.2 Market restraint analysis
188.8.131.52 Limitations associated with Bioinformatic Analysis of MicroRNA Sequencing Data
3.3.3 Market opportunity analysis
184.108.40.206 Efforts taken to optimize miRNA-seq data processing
3.3.4 Market challenge analysis
220.127.116.11 Challenges associated with the validation and prediction of miRNA targetome
3.4 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping for Technology, 2020
3.5 COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Market
3.6 BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT ANALYSIS
3.6.1 MiRNA sequencing and assay Market – SWOT Analysis, by Factor (Political & Legal, Economic, and Technological)
3.6.2 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.7 Major Deals & Strategic Alliances Analysis
3.7.1 Product developments
3.7.2 Merger & acquisition
3.7.4 Collaboration & partnership
Chapter 4 Product & Service Business Analysis
4.1 miRNA sequencing and assay market: Product & Services Movement Analysis, 2020 & 2028
4.2.1 MiRNA Sequencing and Assay Products Market, 2017 – 2028 (USD Million)
4.2.2 Library Preparation Kits
4.2.3 Sequencing Consumables
Chapter 5 Technology Business Analysis
5.1 miRNA sequencing and assay market: Technology Movement Analysis, 2020 & 2028
5.2 Sequencing by Synthesis
5.3 Sequencing by Oligonucleotide Ligation and Detection (SOLiD)
5.4 Nanopore Sequencing
5.5 Sanger Sequencing
5.6 Single Molecule Real-time (SMRT) Sequencing
Chapter 6 Workflow Business Analysis
6.1 miRNA Sequencing and Assay Market: Workflow Movement Analysis, 2020 & 2028
6.2 Library Preparation
6.4 Data Analysis & Storage
Chapter 7 Application Business Analysis
7.1 miRNA Sequencing and Assay Market: Applications Movement Analysis, 2020 & 2028
7.3 Polyglutamine Diseases
7.4 Autoimmune Disease
Chapter 8 End-use Business Analysis
8.1 miRNA Sequencing and Assay Market: End-use Movement Analysis, 2020 & 2028
8.2 Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Industry
8.3 Research and Academic Institutes
8.4 Contract Research Organizations
Chapter 9 Regional Business Analysis
9.1 MiRNA Sequencing & Assay Market Share By Region, 2020 & 2028
Chapter 10 Competitive Landscape
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Abcam plc
- New England Biolabs
- Takara Bio Inc.
- Lexogen GmbH
- Norgen Biotek Corp.
- Maravai LifeSciences
- HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc.
- Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
- System Biosciences, LLC.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/2f35ao
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets